Sunday, September 16, 2012


New Providence Presbyterian Church is in Rockbridge County outside of Brownsburg. It was established in 1746.  I have been in this church for family reunions mainly.

It has a huge cemetery beside & behind it where people have been buried for centuries.  Many of my Willson relatives are buried here.  And my mother's great-aunt Grace Swain Brown is also buried here.  I just discovered that during the past year.  I saw that my mother's mother had lived with her Aunt Grace Brown in Richmond at the time of the 1910 Census.  Then I tracked Grace to see what happened to her & found out she had moved to Rockbridge County where her husband's family was from.  She had one son who died in his teens.  She, her husband, and her son are all buried at New Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment