Tuesday, January 8, 2013


The grave marker above is for one set of my 5th-great grandparents. The original tombstone is very worn and broken and lies in a cemetery in Augusta County that is on wooded private property.  but I trekked up to see it a couple of years ago with my sister and Crawford & Davidson cousins.
 
Patrick Crawford is also one of my DAR-proven patriots.  While the marker above says he was a Revolutionary War soldier, the service recognized by DAR is public service.  Specifically, according to the public claims index for Augusta County, Patrick Crawford furnished supplies to support the war effort.
 
Patrick & Sarah/Sallie Crawford had nine children, including a set of twins. I am a descendant of their sixth child and second son, John Crawford.

No comments:

Post a Comment