Friday, June 15, 2012

Powhatan Roberts Robinson was the brother of Edward Trent Robinson about whom I wrote yesterday.  So he also is my fourth cousin three times removed. I didn't really know anything about either of these guys before I started researching them for my blog.  Powhatan caught my eye because of his unusual name.  Nevertheless, I was able to locate this picture of him.

Wikipedia says "Powhatan Roberts Robinson (1867-1939) was president of the New York Sporting Goods Company and an author. He was born in 1867 in Virginia. He died in 1939." 

Based on that little bit of information, I found several articles published in The New York Times in the 1910s that indicated he was involved in a sporting club and a student acting club in New York. From U.S. and New York Census records, I can tell that he married; but I did not see any indication that he had any children.

I also found this article about him in a November 1915 issue of The Squib Review.

And this ad is from a May 1916 issue of Forest and Stream:

No comments:

Post a Comment