Saturday, June 23, 2012

This is pretty much all that is left of the first school that I attended--Fairfield High School.  Grades 1-12 were all in the same building and there was no kindergarten.  I attended school here in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades.

This memorial to the school is built where the steps used to be that led to the school entrance.  The school was demolished and a new elementary school was built just to the right of the old one.

As far as I know, pretty much everyone road the bus to school.  And we had to buy our own books.  So the first day or so of school in 1st grade, I took money to school to buy books from a 2nd grader who would come into the class to sell his or her books. And in 2nd grade, I would take my 1st grade books to the 1st grade classroom to sell & I would buy 2nd grade books from a 3rd grader.  

Here's a closeup of one of the signs on the memorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment