Friday, May 11, 2012


More stuff from cousin Jim's.  I also got a copy of the newspaper article from my mother.  On top is a certificate awarding Dad his athletic letter in basketball from Covington High School in1938.  I have copies of similar certificates for basketball and football in 1937.

I'm not sure when the newspaper article appeared or in exactly which paper it appeared.  But Dad graduated from Covington in 1938, so it was probably 1937 or 1938.  Dad is in the lower right, number 17.

The year after Dad graduated, a new high school opened in Covington and the old school was turned into the City Hall.  It remained City Hall until the 1990s when the building was demolished.  I found this picture of the school online:

2 comments:

  1. Your next article should be on what hospital Jack was born in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I've already written my posts for the next 3 days, but will put this in the queue.

      Delete