Tuesday, April 10, 2012


Another great picture that leaves me wondering how it came about.  I have no idea where the goat & cart came from. Was there some wandering photographer that went from house to house offering to take photos?  I'll never know.

Pictured from left to right are my mother, Jean Graham Barnett; with her sister, Ruth Swain Barnett; and her brother, Allen Scott Barnett in 1923.  I think this was taken in the yard of their home on Florida Avenue in Richmond, Virginia.

My mother was born in January 1923, so she is less than a year old in this picture.  Ruth would have been about 4 years old and Scott would have been about 5 years old.  Their older sister (technically half-sister), Eleanor Moorman Royal, is not pictured but would have been about 14 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment