Thursday, April 5, 2012


This is John Graham Barnett, Jr., my mother's father and my grandfather.  He was born near Clarksville, Virginia, and later moved to Richmond.  He worked for Richmond Dairy in the building that has the giant milk bottle on the corner. (It's condominiums now).  He died in 1949, so I never knew him.  He is buried in Oakwood Cemetery in Richmond.

My mother says that he took care of his mother and sister for as long as she could remember. He even had a house built for them to live in that was next door to his house .  Mom also said that he would take her fishing and would do other things outdoors.  He had a goldfish pond in the side yard (I remember that).  And they had box turtles. 

If anyone reading this remembers him, I would be interested in what they know about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment