Sunday, April 22, 2012


This is Judith Alexander St. George.  Another noteworthy relative I discovered through my research.  We have never met, but I had seen her children's books for years before I realized we were related. She is my second cousin once removed because she was my father's second cousin.  Her grandfather was Harry Heald Alexander, a brother of my father's grandfather, James William Alexander.  Harry moved away from Virginia, which partially explains why we don't know this branch very well.

Her website (http://www.judithstgeorge.com/books.htm), describes her written works as follows:  "Judith has written picture books, historical fiction, mysteries, adventure, nonfiction, and biographies. They have won numerous awards, the Edgar Allan Poe Award, American Honor Book Award, New York Academy of Sciences Award, Christopher Award, Golden Kite Award, and with illustrator David Small, the Caldecott Medal."  So impressive.  Perhaps you've seen some of them. For example, So You want to Be President?

I've been trying to work up the courage to write her.  Maybe now I'll do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment