Wednesday, April 4, 2012


This is Robert Tate Wilson.  It's a bad copy, but the only copy I have of this photo.  As I mentioned yesterday, Barbara Roberts identified the photo of Eliza Jane Ingles.  Then she told me she had a copy of a photo of Eliza Jane's husband and  this is what she sent me. So this is my great-great grandfather.

Both Eliza Jane and Robert Tate were born in Virginia and they were married in Rockbridge County in 1843.  But they moved tp Knoxville, Tennessee, for a few years and  then moved back. 

Eliza Jane's parents--William and Betsy Crawford Ingles--had moved from Virginia to Knoxville, Tennessee.  According to Barbara, the Ingles owned a mill there and were very wealthy. One of the censuses, I think 1850, shows Eliza & Robert living in Knoxville next door to her parents.  My great-grandmother, Ida Willson, was born in Knoxville.  But sometime around the Civil War, Eliza & Robert moved back to Rockbridge County to stay.  They are buried in the cemetery at New Providence Presbyterian Church near Brownsburg. 

Barbara also told me that Ida received as a wedding gift the house in which she lived with her husband, Joseph Fultz.



No comments:

Post a Comment