Sunday, April 1, 2012

 




Two pictures of 1712 Maple Shade Lane in Richmond, Virginia. This was Aunt Jessie & Uncle Joe's house.  The bottom picture features my brother & sister.  Given the wreath on the window, this was probably taken on a Christmas visit.  I'm guessing that it was about 1965.  This is the only place I remember them living.

Before they lived in Richmond, Aunt Jessie and Uncle Joe lived in Allegheny County, Virginia.  The 1910 Census shows them living there with Joe as head of household.  Also living with them were his father (Joseph M) and his brother (George Wiley).  Jessie & Joe were still in Allegheny County in 1920; but by 1930, they were in Richmond.

In 1920, Joe's brother, Wiley Lipscomb, was also living in Allegheny County with his wife & son. Wiley's wife was Bruce Douglas Alexander and their son was Bruce Alexander Lipscomb. 

Wiley & Joe both worked in Low Moor.  I think they worked for the Iron Company there, but I'm not sure about that.  I just remember hearing that they lived and worked at Low Moor.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment